World Library  

Business Management

Management in all business and organizational activities is the act of getting people together to accomplish desired goals and objectives efficiently and effectively. Management comprises planning, organizing, staffing, leading or directing, and controlling an organization (a group of one or more people or entities) or effort for the purpose of accomplishing a goal. Resourcing encompasses the deployment and manipulation of human resources, financial resources, technological resources, and natural resources.

• Cover Image

Differences in Fy 1999 Formulation and Execution Data

By: Government Printing Office

Government Reference Publication

Excerpt: This volume shows the differences between FY 1999 budget formulation and budget execution data. Budget formulation data are published in the prior year (i.e., actual) column of the Program & Financing (P&F) schedule in the President’s FY 2001 Budget. FY 1999 year-end budget execution data are reported on the SF 133 Report on Budget Execution. It is important for formulation and execution data to be correct because decisionmakers use both sets of data to understa...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Differences in Fy 2000 Formulation and Execution Data

Excerpt: This volume shows the differences between FY 2000 budget formulation and budget execution data. Budget formulation data are published in the prior year (i.e., actual) column of the Program & Financing (P&F) schedule in the President’s FY 2002 Budget. FY 2000 year-end budget execution data are reported on the SF 133 Report on Budget Execution. It is important for formulation and execution data to be correct because decisionmakers use both sets of data to understa...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Energy and Water for Sustainable Living : A Compendium of Energy a...

By: International Development Agency

Excerpt: This report grew out of an April 2001 study on energy prepared by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) for the ninth session of the United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development. That study, called Energy for Life, A Case Study Com ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Crs Report for Congress Received through the Crs Web Dod's Nationa...

By: Barbara L. Schwemle

Summary: Title XI of the National Defense Authorization Act for FY2004, P.L. 108-136, includes provisions on a National Security Personnel System (NSPS) for the Department of Defense (DOD) and provisions on personnel management that are applicable government-wide. The law was enacted on November 24, 2003.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Homeland Security : Department Organization and Management

By: Harold C. Relyea

Excerpt: In the aftermath of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, the term homeland security came to be used in public parlance as a reference to American efforts at combating terrorism. To coordinate these efforts, President George W. Bush established, with E.O. 13228 of October 8, 2001, an Office of Homeland Security (OHS) within the Executive Office of the President and a Homeland Security Council (HSC), under his chair...

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Walker Papers : The Credibility of America's Extended Nuclear ...

By: Colonel William G. Eldridge, USAF

An extended nuclear deterrent for protecting allies may also contribute significantly to nonproliferation efforts—the nuclear umbrella provides allies an assurance so they do not perceive the need to develop nuclear weapons arsenals for themselves. This study explores the impact of US nuclear weapon policy on the current and future effectiveness of extended nuclear deterrence for the Republic of Turkey. It concludes that the credibility of US extended nuclear deterrence ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Army Rdt&E Budget Item Justification (R2 Exhibit)

By: Department of Defense

Excerpt: A. Mission Description and Budget Item Justification. Increased funding, beginning in Fiscal Year 2¬¬6 (FY 2¬¬6) reflects the Army leadership actions to comply with the Bob Stump National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for FY 2¬¬3 (Public Law 1¬7-314 ... December 2¬¬2). In accordance with the NDAA, Sec. 232, “The Secretary of Defense shall establish the objective of ensuring that, by FY 2¬¬6 ... (1) the institutional and overhead costs of a facility or resourc...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Figure 7 : Example of a Group Assessment Checklist : (Score : 1 Is...

By: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations

Nutrition Reference Publication

Excerpt: 1. group name no name no clear name clear, but not appropriate name well defined and appropriate 2. objectives of the group are not really understood understood by some members understood by most members understood by all members 3. long term group vision no vision exists existing but not clear clear but not shared by all clear and shared by all 4. physical working area of the group not specified specified but not clear clear but not detailed well defined in det...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Executive Board : 2004, Document, No. Eb113. R1 Chapter I

By: World Health Organization

Medical Reference Publication

An intercountry workshop on training of nurses in health education was held at the Department of Nursing, University of Ibadan, from 7 to 19 April 1975. There were 19 participants from Botswana, The Gambia, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Mauritius, Nigeria (9), Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Tanzania and Zambia (Annex 1). All of them were either nurse tutors or those engaged in teaching nurses. A representative of UNICEF ale0 participated as an observer

Read More
  • Cover Image

World Health Organization : Year 1987 ; World Health Organization,...

By: M. Bertan

1. Introductory Statement The t h i r d meeting of t h e Programme N v i s o r y Cornmitree i n Maternal and Child Health i n c l u d i n g Family Planning* was opened by Dr Lu Kusilan, b s s i s t a n t Director-Caneciil. On behalF of t h e Director-General he welcomed tho p a r t i c i p a n t s , r e p r e s e n t a t i v e s of o t h e r UN and b i l a t e r a l agencies and WHO r e g i o n a l s t a f f . He s t a t e d t h a t , while g r e a t progress has been ma...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Differences in Fy 1998 Formulation and Execution Data

Excerpt: DIFFERENCES IN FY 1998 FORMULATION AND EXECUTION DATA Narrative Explanation This volume shows the differences between FY 1998 budget formulation and execution data. Budget formulation data are published in the prior year column of the Program & Financing (P&F) schedule in the President’s FY 2000 Budget. FY 1998 year-end budget execution data are reported on the SF 133 Report on Budget Execution. Formulation and execution data need to be correct because decision-...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Differences in Fy 1997 Formulation and Execution Data

Excerpt: This volume shows the differences between FY 1997 budget formulation and execution data. Budget formulation data are published in the prior year column of the Program & Financing (P&F) schedule in the President’s FY 1999 Budget. FY 1997 year-end budget execution data are reported on the SF 133 Report on Budget Execution. Formulation and execution data need to be correct because decision-makers use both sets of data to understand the financial status of Federal p...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Fy 2000 Accountability Report

By: International Development Agency

Excerpt: Foreword: The Fiscal Year (FY) 2000 Accountability Report is one of three reports the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) prepares annually to describe its financial position and the results of its operations. For FY 2000 ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Bulletin of the World Health Organization : 2003; Volume 81, Numbe...

By: World Health Organization

I n t r o d u c t i o n The meeting was opened by Professor E. Niissel who pointed out the s c i e n t i f i c and p r a c t i c a l importance of the new project wnich i s being developed by t h e WIM Regional Office for Europe. He expressed h i s s a t i s f a c c i o u t h a t chis meeting is being held i n Heidelberg where a l a r g e d a t a base was e s t a b l i s h e d f o r :he ERICA project and which could serve now f o r new s c i e n t i f i c developments. W...

Read More
  • Cover Image

World Health Organization : Year 1985-86 ; Strengthening of Health...

By: A. C. Azevedo

BACKGROUND The deval.opment of national health systems during the past three decades has: been marked by two major trends: - thc establishment of so-called vertical programmes for control of specific priority health problems through a specialized infrastructure built around uni-purpose workers; - the development of general health service infrastructures focusing on the provision of curative services plus a variable range of preventive services. The limitations of these h...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Crs Report for Congress Received through the Crs Web Internet : An...

By: Marcia S. Smith

Summary: In the decade between 1994 and 2004, the number of U.S. adults using the Internet increased from 15% to 64%. From electronic mail to accessing information to online purchasing (“electronic commerce”), the Internet touches almost every aspect of modern life. The extent to which use of the Internet continues to grow, however, may be affected by a number of technology policy issues being debated in Congress. First is the availability of high-speed -- or “broadband”...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Crs Report for Congress Received through the Crs Web Science and T...

Summary: Science and technology have a pervasive influence over a wide range of issues confronting the nation. Decisions on how much federal funding to invest in research and development (R&D), and determining what programs have the highest priority, for example, may have implications for homeland security, new high technology industries, government/private sector cooperation in R&D, and myriad other areas.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Report for Congress Received through the Crs Web a Primer on E-Gov...

By: Jeffrey W. Seifert

Summary: Electronic government (e-government) intersects many legislative issues, including privacy, digital divide (the lack of equal access to computers, whether due to a lack of financial resources or necessary skills), public access to government information, service delivery, and information security. E-government solutions are prominently represented in efforts to improve the management and efficiency of government information technology resources. To help policyma...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Crs Report for Congress Received through the Crs Web Science and T...

Summary: Science and technology have a pervasive influence over a wide range of issues confronting the nation. Decisions on how much federal funding to invest in research and development (R&D), and determining what programs have the highest priority, may have implications for homeland security, new high technology industries, government/private sector cooperation in R&D, and myriad other areas. This report provides an overview of key science and technology policy issues ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Law Enforcement Intelligence

By: David L. Carter

Introduction: Every law enforcement agency in the United States, regardless of agency size, must have the capacity to understand the implications of information collection, analysis, and intelligence sharing. Each agency must have an organized mechanism to receive and manage intelligence as well as a mechanism to report and share critical information with other law enforcement agencies. In addition, it is essential that law enforcement agencies develop lines of communica...

Read More

|
|
|
|
Records: 7921 - 7940 of 8,013 - Pages: 

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.