Format Type: PDF eBook
File Size: 0.5 MB
Reproduction Date: 2005
Full Text

Title: The Man from Atlantis  
Author: Sill, Alice H.
Volume:
Language: English
Subject: Literature, Literature & thought, Writing.
Collections: Classic Literature Collection
Historic
Publication Date:
Publisher: World Ebook Library

Citation

APA MLA Chicago

Sill, A. H. (n.d.). The Man from Atlantis. Retrieved from http://community.worldebooklibrary.org/

Excerpt
HAVING finished reading Irving's Legend of the Arabian Astrologer, I closed my book, and idly swinging in my hammock, was musing on those beautiful stories of the Alhambra. My mind was busy rehearsing the story just read. Before me were the two old graybeards quarreling over the rosy-checked princess; I heard the astrologer exclaim The monarch of a mole-hill to claim sway over him who possesses the talisman of Solomon! As he smote the earth and sank with the Gothic princess, I felt myself going down — down — when suddenly my descent ceased and my attention became fixed upon a figure which seemed to grow out of the tree, or rather the figure absorbed the whole tree. Excepting his gigantic stature, he seemed not unlike a man could look, only in place of two eyes he had one in the middle of his forehead.

Table of Contents
NA

Click To View

Additional Books

• The Skin Game (by )
  • Poems of Cheer (by )
  • Hysteria as a Weapon in Marital Conflict... (by )
  • Georgie's Present (by )
  • The Seven Agate Devils (by )
  • Covering End (by )
  • The Tragic Muse (by )
  • The Story (by )
  • The Grand Inquisitor (by )
  • Selected Speeches on British Foreign Pol... (by )
  • A Compilation of the Messages and Papers... (by )
  • The Fate of Madame Cabanel (by )
Scroll Left
Scroll Right

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.